Nutrient Builder is a very diverse blend developed to improve soil for next year’s cash crop. This cover crop cocktail will help fix nitrogen, build organic matter, and alleviate compaction. Seven different species will also help increase the soil’s microbial activity.
This mix meets the NRCS standard cover crop requirements for CSP and EQIP Programs in South Dakota and Minnesota.
Drilled Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
Broadcast Seeding Rate: 30 lbs/acre
Need some help? Contact us.
|Cover Crop Radish
- Planting Time: Mid/Late Summer
- Planting during late spring and using as a full-season cover is another effective use.
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 30 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: 3/4”
Fertility + Weed Control
- If grazing is intended and soil fertility levels are low, consider applying 25–50 lbs/acre of nitrogen at planting to increase total biomass production.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying glyphosate before or after planting if drilled, but before crop emergence to control existing weeds. Do not apply glyphosate after planting if crop is broadcasted and not incorporated.
- Nutrient Builder should be allowed to mature as much as the growing season will allow in order to gain the most benefit from the legumes in the blend.
- Following plant maturity or a killing frost – whichever comes first – Nutrient Builder can be grazed without taking away from the soil health benefits it is designed to provide.
- All species in the blend will winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
- Very little residue will be gained from this blend, so there is no need to modify tillage plans.
Every acre is different and our goal is to help you know what works best in your area. This 'Growing Regions' section showcases where this species works best. If you have any questions on product placement, feel free to contact our experts and we will help!